Want to change wifi password? If yes, so this article can be beneficial for you. WiFi has provided a great platform for users to stay connected with the internet world. It is the way to access the vast ocean of the web without making many efforts. As we all know the things that each product or service brings up some disadvantages with itself, we face the same with WiFi connectivity as well. We need to be quite strict with the password of our WiFi connection.
A poorly established WiFi connection can put on our personal information on risk. Got worried? You need to be special when you are using WiFi connectivity without using any security. The router password is the best way to acquire high-end connectivity. The very best thing that you can do for keeping yourself safe from the prying eyes of hackers is the usual changing of the WiFi password.
It is the best thing you can do to stay safe from your cheap neighbors who are stealing your bandwidth. There are certainly different ways that we could use for changing the WiFi password without opening up our router’s configuration page, or without logging in our current details. If you are interested in changing the default password of your WiFi router then this guide is going to be super helpful for you.
One needed to be well aware that he/she is establishing a very strong password for their WiFi router. Usage of alphanumeric keywords along with some special functions is considered to be one of the securest passwords in this way. This mixture of words is hard to crack in and if you are using some upper and lower symbols in it, it is going to be even more beneficial.
How to change wifi password ?
As we know there are many types of routers available. So, here we have mentioned many types of router’s password change setting step by step. Well, follow the following steps to change wifi password.
If you are willing to change wifi passwords of TP-Link Routers, the only things that you have to do here are:
- Make a secure login to your Router Admin Panel just by using its default IP address and password options. the default IP address of TP-Link is 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1
- Once done, you have to now enter your default username and password in the section here. The default user name and password for TP-Link Router are admin usually. So, you can go with it without having any issues.
- Once you have successfully added up your default username and password in the given sections, now go to the Wireless option of your device and then tap on the Wireless Security section.
- Once done, now tap on WPA/WPA2 section followed by Personal.
- Tap on the Password option to proceed further with the process.
- You will be now being asked to enter your new password now. Just make sure to add it very carefully and then write and save somewhere else also so that you can effortlessly use that in case you forgot.
- Don’t forget to tap on the Save options to save the changes you just have added over there.
- Bingo! Your TP-Link Router Password has been successfully changed now.
Changing passwords of D-Link Routers is also not a big deal that you can’t crack in. You just have to follow up a few things very carefully to get the things in your favor.
- Make a secure login to your router’s Setting page. You can make use of your D-Link router’s default IP address for the same also and that is 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.0.1
- Once you have done successfully with it you will be now asked to add your username and password in the given sections. Admin is the most common default username and password in the segment. But if you don’t find it true you can check out the list of default usernames and passwords for the same through online sources as well.
- Next, you have to go to the Wireless section followed by Wireless Security to move ahead with the given section successfully.
- Once done, now tap on the Security Mode option and then set it to WPA1 only.
- Now tap on Pre-Shared Key and then enter your new and preferred password in the given segment. Make sure the password you are choosing here is a perfect combination of alphanumeric characters and is having special characters and small and capital characters to make it more complex.
- Once done, now tap on the Apply the Change section and then restart your WiFi for activating the passwords you just have entered previously.
It is also one of the most used WiFi options. The router settings are supposed to be the safest place especially when you are changing your passwords quite often. For enabling changes into the password of NETGEAR, all you have to do is:
- Launch your NETGEAR Router’s setup page with the help of the default IP address. If you don’t know, what exactly it is, let me help you in the same and that is 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1.
- You can even make use of URL: http://192.168.1.1 to launch the setup page of NETGEAR.
- You next have to enter the default username and password options in the given segments. Admin is one of the most commonly used usernames and passwords for the routers.
- Next, tap on the Wireless section and then tap on the Security options to move ahead with the section.
- Now, select WPA1-PSK [AES] to move ahead with the process.
- Once done, you have to enter your preferred password in the Passphrase section.
- Tap on the Apply Changes section and then reboot your WiFi to enable the chances successfully you just have added previously.
How Change Password of Belkin Router
The process of changing the password of Belkin Router is extremely easy to go. The only things that you have to care about here are:
- Launch your Belkin Router setup page by using its IP address. You can use 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.1 for the same or can even take help of URL http://192.168.1.1 to proceed further with the process also.
- Once done; you will be now asked to log in to your router’s admin account by using its admin username and password options. You can simply use Admin here or can even take the help of online resources for finding Belkin default username and password options.
- Once done, now move ahead with the left navigation panel and then tap on the Security option being available there.
- Once done now navigate to your current Pre-shared Key and then add your preferred password option very carefully in it.
- Once done, now tap on the field option to proceed further.
- Reboot your router to enable the success of the change you just have entered.
- Bingo! Your Belkin router password successfully has been changed now.
The only things that you have to do for changing up a password on ASUS Router are:
- Connect your device with the router and then launch your web browser using it.
- Now move ahead with your router’s setup page and then add URL: http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
- Once done press Enter to launch your default username and password section.
- Now, move ahead with the Security section and then add your preferred password option in the given column very carefully.
- Once done, reboot your device to enable the changes.
Change Password Of Linksys Router
Linksys Router is another one of the most common router options in the list and the process you have to follow up for changing its login credentials are:
- Launch your web browser and then move ahead with your Linksys router’s setup page.
- Once done, now enter the default IP address of your router i.e. 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 in the given segments and then press the Enter button.
- You are now being asked to enter your default username and password in the given segment. Admin is one of the most commonly used login credentials in the segment.
- Once done, now tap on the Wireless tab option followed by Wireless Security and once done, go to the option of Passphrase to proceed further.
- Enter your preferred WiFi password in the Passphrase segment very carefully. Try to keep your password secure. You can add a perfect combination of alphanumeric characters along with special characters and small and capital letters to make it a perfect one.
- Once done, tap on the Save Settings options and then reboot your device to ensure the changes you just have added.
- Bingo! Linksys has been successfully changed now.
Changing jiofi password and ssid is very easy. You just have to logging into jiofi.local.html, To change its password and ssid.
- After logging into the jiofi Dashboard, we can change its password very easily. Just after logging in, click Settings and then on Wi-Fi.
- on this page, we can see our current security key ( password ) and ssid (wifi name). Now you can change the password and ssid, just enter the password and the ssid and then click on Apply.
- Now has changed the password and ssid of jiofi. After clicking Apply, you are disconnected from JioFi. Now you can reconnect by entering your new password.
So, Guys! It is all about how you can change wifi password of your different routers successfully. After following up on all the given above, you might have concluded that the basic process of changing the router password for different routers is almost the same for both of the mobile devices i.e. Android and iOS. Do you know the reason why? Well, it is a web-based graphical user interface that anyone can easily handle regardless of the fact which router system currently they are working on. TP-Link, D-Link, NETGEAR, Belkin, ASUS, Jiofi and Linksys Router are one of the leading router companies globally. Keep changing the router password is the best way to keep it secure all the time and that’s what we have tried to help you in the segment.